Saturday 7 January 2023

Syberia 2 (2004)

I wasn't willing to give this game much leeway, as I'd just quit the abysmal first game and this one seems to be more of the exact same.

The first task is 'wind the train again', which isn't actually a puzzle, just busywork, and then 'get some coal'. And I was so bored I gave up. So I'll probably skim through another playthrough.

Fucking hell, the first puzzle requires you to find a gate key that the guard dropped. The solution is to realise that one of the otherwise unclickable NPCs in the background is actually clickable and will get the key for you. But she wants candy first. There are some candy machines and you find a whole bunch of coins - the solution is to simply try every coin on every machine until you find out which works on which. What a pile of shit.

Rating: From what I played, very bad

No comments: