Sunday 6 August 2023

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

I enjoyed it very much, though it did (again) feel a little bit like more of the same, but with not as many stand-out memorable sequences, and a little compromised by being part one of a two-parter. I reckon it'll work better watched in a marathon with part 2 once that comes out, but honestly after that I kind of hope they start mixing things up again, bring some new characters in (or at least swap out some of the old characters for other old characters - I want the Aussie pilot from M:I 2 to come back!). It'd be fucking great if they repeated the Jim Phelps trick from the first movie (which never quite worked because of the recasting) and made Ethan the villain. Imagine if they'd revealed that at the end of this movie and had him kill off Benji, Luther etc - people would have flipped their lids!

Rating: Good solid MI fun, not one of the best.

No comments: