Thursday 15 August 2024

A Fisherman's Tale (2019)

Really nice presentation, and some cool basic puzzles to get started. I did have to check a walkthrough really early on because due to some bad lighting design I thought something was a glitch. Weirdly, I couldn't find a single text walkthrough, so I had to quit out, watch a video and then come back in (and redo a bunch of stuff because of the lack of checkpoints).
I really like the choice of a French narrator, it works really well. But the radio VO is clearly just one of the devs and it really lets the whole thing down, I don't understand why they'd do that. At least get a mate who can do a solid sea captain yarrrr voice instead of having it sound like an IT helpdesk. There's some other clunkiness to it, but overall pretty cool and I'm looking forward to going back to it.

Finished A Fisherman's Tale, it was quite nice but fairly limited in various ways - there's not a lot of world interaction, the puzzles are mostly 'you need a thing, either find it in a drawer or find a too small/big version of it and resize it', and it's pretty short with only three main puzzles that have a few elements each to them.

Rating: lovely presentation, but short and shallow gameplay.

No comments: